January 13, 2008


The family is suffering thru the flu right now.  Lydia caught it first and for her it lasted 11 days.  Keith is on day 5, Emily is on day 3.  So far I am still well.  We wash hands a lot.  We check temperatures.  I dole out the meds.  We watch movies and paint fingernails and read.  Even though they are all here at home, I miss them terribly.  I want to sleep in the bed again with my husband and spoon. I want to hold him without the fear of being attacked by nasty, kamikaze flu germs.  I want to go out and play at the park with the girls. I miss the tickling and laughing.  But this too will pass and someday soon we will be normal again.  Normal is a blessing.  Too often I forget that.    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kristen!

So glad you finally joined us on this crazy web of bloggingness. Looks wonderful so far. I hope everyone gets better soonand that the flu by passes you entirely.